Cadbury plots to extend Joyville campaign across brand portfolio
Cadbury is set to broaden its Dairy Milk ad positioning, 'Joyville', across its range of confectionery products.
Cadbury: Joyville campaign to extend across brands
The Mondelez-owned chocolate brand last week launched its third ‘Joyville’ TV ad. The spot marked a return to a focus on the taste of Dairy Milk, after the use of the more enigmatic ‘Glass and a Half Full Productions’ activity.
Now Cadbury is plotting to use Joyville for its other confectionery lines, such as Crunchie, Twirl and Flake.
Matthew Williams, marketing activation director at Cadbury, said: ‘Joyville gives us a positive effect across the portfolio and we are actively considering launching it across other brands.’ He added that Joyville could be applied to all Cadbury’s chocolate lines, with the exception of Creme Egg, which Williams described as being already ‘well-defined’.
The launch of the latest campaign comes as Mondelez looks to better differentiate its chocolate brands in the UK, namely Cadbury, Green & Black’s and Milka.
The three brands have until now behaved like ‘bumper cars’, admitted Williams, and now needed to ‘sail in different directions’ with less overlap and duplication. ‘You have to make sure you offer something complementary,’ he added.
Cadbury has committed to using the Joyville positioning until 2022.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London
- Account Director fishtank £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Somerset
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London