SodaStream confident banned TV ad will return in 'Coronation Street slot'
SodaStream's UK managing director has expressed her confidence that an ad banned last year will air again in the coming months.
SodaStream: confident banned TV ad will return to screens
Fiona Hope, formerly the brand’s marketing director, said she expected the legal battle between the company and ad watchdog Clearcast to be resolved ‘in the next few weeks’.
Last November, the brand was forced to pull its ‘Soda-Stream effect’ spot, which formed part of an £11m global ad campaign, after Clearcast claimed it ‘denigrated’ the bottled-drinks market.
Hope said she had ‘every intention’ of airing the ad in a ‘Coronation Street slot’ should the ban be lifted. While the ad has racked up 2.5m views on YouTube, SodaStream wants to take its sustainability message to a wider, mainstream TV audience.
Hope admitted that the ban had slowed the progress of SodaStream’s brand repositioning, which will move on to a ‘health and wellness’ focus later in the year.
Reflecting on Clearcast’s reasons for banning the ad, Hope added: ‘No other country has found that [it deni-grated the bottled-drinks industry] and it’s aired in 39 countries. I’m confident that we will win through.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...