B&Q rolls out 'Handy prices' brand strategy
B&Q has unveiled a multi-million-pound campaign to promote its shift to an 'everyday low pricing' strategy.
B&Q: new brand strategy
The drive, the first work by Karmarama since its appointment to the DIY chain's £40m business last year, introduces a 'Handy prices' positioning. It will run across TV, radio, outdoor and in-store.
Under the 'Handy prices' banner, the company will lower the prices of hundreds of products permanently, in an attempt to mark the brand out from the sale-driven strategy predominant in the DIY retail sector.
Unusually, the TV ad eschews the use of product and in-store imagery to instead focus on a hand making gestures, accompanied by a voiceover explaining 'Handy prices'.
A B&S spokeswoman said: "Offering customers great value for money is paramount to B&Q and this commitment is highlighted in our brand new and quirky creative from our recently appointed creative agency."
Separately, B&Q has yet to appoint a marketing director following the departure of Katherine Paterson in October. Brand director David Hutchinson is covering the role in the interim.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London