Fairtrade Foundation seeks 'deeper' engagement with 2013 activity
The Fairtrade Foundation is to introduce the strapline 'Go further', as the charity aims to encourage commercial partners and consumers to make a bigger commitment to Fairtrade.
Fairtrade Fortnight: looking for 'deeper' understanding
Nestle, The Co-operative and Sainsbury's are among the lead partners for this year's activity, which runs from 25 February until 10 March.
Last year's Fairtrade Fortnight led with the tagline 'Take a step' and called for consumers who were unfamiliar with the brand to buy Fairtrade-certified products.
The forthcoming activity will now ask customers and partner businesses to 'do more' by purchasing certified products from a wider range of categories.
Cheryl McGechie, director of public engagement at the Fairtrade Foundation, explained:'ÔSomeone might buy Fairtrade coffee, but we want to encourage to them buy more than one Fairtrade-certified product.'
In a further departure from its traditional annual marketing plans, the charity is lining up a global campaign in September to encourage 'deeper understanding' of Fairtrade.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)