Fairtrade Foundation seeks 'deeper' engagement with 2013 activity
The Fairtrade Foundation is to introduce the strapline 'Go further', as the charity aims to encourage commercial partners and consumers to make a bigger commitment to Fairtrade.
Fairtrade Fortnight: looking for 'deeper' understanding
Nestle, The Co-operative and Sainsbury's are among the lead partners for this year's activity, which runs from 25 February until 10 March.
Last year's Fairtrade Fortnight led with the tagline 'Take a step' and called for consumers who were unfamiliar with the brand to buy Fairtrade-certified products.
The forthcoming activity will now ask customers and partner businesses to 'do more' by purchasing certified products from a wider range of categories.
Cheryl McGechie, director of public engagement at the Fairtrade Foundation, explained:'ÔSomeone might buy Fairtrade coffee, but we want to encourage to them buy more than one Fairtrade-certified product.'
In a further departure from its traditional annual marketing plans, the charity is lining up a global campaign in September to encourage 'deeper understanding' of Fairtrade.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...