Fairtrade Foundation seeks 'deeper' engagement with 2013 activity
The Fairtrade Foundation is to introduce the strapline 'Go further', as the charity aims to encourage commercial partners and consumers to make a bigger commitment to Fairtrade.
Fairtrade Fortnight: looking for 'deeper' understanding
Nestle, The Co-operative and Sainsbury's are among the lead partners for this year's activity, which runs from 25 February until 10 March.
Last year's Fairtrade Fortnight led with the tagline 'Take a step' and called for consumers who were unfamiliar with the brand to buy Fairtrade-certified products.
The forthcoming activity will now ask customers and partner businesses to 'do more' by purchasing certified products from a wider range of categories.
Cheryl McGechie, director of public engagement at the Fairtrade Foundation, explained:'ÔSomeone might buy Fairtrade coffee, but we want to encourage to them buy more than one Fairtrade-certified product.'
In a further departure from its traditional annual marketing plans, the charity is lining up a global campaign in September to encourage 'deeper understanding' of Fairtrade.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)