Former science funding comms chief launches agency
An agency has been launched with a focus on university scientists and research groups, called Matter PR.
David Reid: Launching a new agency
It is led by David Reid, the former comms chief for the UK’s science funding agency, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
The company plans to specialise in helping science and engineering organisations connect with stakeholders.
Reid said: ‘Long-term economic growth is the UK’s number one priority and science is vital to achieving that but we need to be better at creating an environment where science is valued and respected and government investment in it receives widespread support from the public and business community.
‘Matter PR was set up to help address this problem and work with leading research centres to raise their profile, engage with the public, and convince those in power of its value.
'We want to use our passion for science to help researchers develop innovative ways of communicating - activities that break through the noise and really connect with the public or government ministers and leave them wanting more.'
Matter PR’s first client is Fraunhofer UK, a branch of Europe’s largest application-oriented research organisation.
It will manage the national launch later this year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Visual Merchandising Manager Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Senior Designer / Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- SEO Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy Subject to skill set, London
- Associate Director - Sports Research PSD Group £45,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits, Central London