Former science funding comms chief launches agency
An agency has been launched with a focus on university scientists and research groups, called Matter PR.
David Reid: Launching a new agency
It is led by David Reid, the former comms chief for the UK’s science funding agency, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
The company plans to specialise in helping science and engineering organisations connect with stakeholders.
Reid said: ‘Long-term economic growth is the UK’s number one priority and science is vital to achieving that but we need to be better at creating an environment where science is valued and respected and government investment in it receives widespread support from the public and business community.
‘Matter PR was set up to help address this problem and work with leading research centres to raise their profile, engage with the public, and convince those in power of its value.
'We want to use our passion for science to help researchers develop innovative ways of communicating - activities that break through the noise and really connect with the public or government ministers and leave them wanting more.'
Matter PR’s first client is Fraunhofer UK, a branch of Europe’s largest application-oriented research organisation.
It will manage the national launch later this year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, City of London