Build a Skittles Rainbow activity streams live on Facebook
Skittles is creating a virtual upside down version of the Skittle's Rainbow, which will be built from "sweets" contributed by its 2.4 million UK Facebook fans.
Skittles: streams 'build a rainbow' Facebook campaign
The creation is part of the brand's marketing support for Skittles Confused. The offshoot brand is an assortment of sweets decorated in colours that do not match their flavour, which launched this year.
A batch of Skittles will added to the online rainbow every 10-minutes in novel ways, such as by a dwarf dressed in a turtle check and chinos.
100,000 fans will be able to claim a Skittle as their own. Those wanting to participate must go to the Skittles Facebook page, where they can also add a message to personalise their sweet.
The whole event will be streamed live via a number of webcams. A follow up video of the event will subsequently be hosted on YouTube.
Skittles has proved a massive hit on Facebook, where it has run high-profile campaigns like "Facebook status updater" and other activity around its Confused variant.
Globally, the Mars-owned brand has 24 million Facebook fans.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...