Keira Knightley 'sexually suggestive' Chanel ad banned
A Chanel TV ad starring Keira Knightley has been banned from kids' TV for being too sexual and unsuitable for young children.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) received a complaint about a TV ad for the perfume Coco Mademoiselle, which was shown before the 20th Century Fox film ‘Ice Age 2’.
The ad, which was made by Chanel’s in-house team, showed the actress being photographed on a bed. The photographer then unzipped her clothes before she undressed herself, exposing her back.
Wrapped in a bed sheet, she crawled towards the photographer and then leant back, after which he leaned in to kiss her. She then put a finger to her lips and said: "Lock the door".
Although the ASA acknowledged that the undressing in the ad took place in the context of a photo shoot, it ruled that the scenes involved "sexually suggestive" content.
As the photographer was directly involved in unzipping the actress's garments and it was suggested she was naked aside from a bed sheet, the ASA found there was "clear sexual tension" between the pair.
The ASA ruled the ad was suitable for older children but that the sexually suggestive material was unsuitable for young children, and so the ad was "inappropriately scheduled" alongside a film with particular appeal to children.
The watchdog ruled that the ad should have an "ex-kids" restriction in future and not be broadcast in its current form in or around programmes with a particular appeal to children.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)