Paddy Power promises to throw 'kitchen sink' at papal election
Paddy Power is today running tactical press ads headlined 'Yes we vati-can' across the national press, and has promised to "throw the kitchen sink" at the forthcoming papal election.
Paddy Power: latest press ad focuses on the forthcoming papal election
The ads, which have been created in-house, are running across national titles including The Times and the Daily Mail.
Below the 'Yes we vati-can' headline, the bookie promises, "money back from Paddy Power if the cardinals elect the first black pope."
Underneath are images of two of the favourite black candidates to replace Pope Benedict XVI.
The bookie – famous for its tongue-in-cheek ads – is now out in Rome with a betting board showcasing its latest odds on the papal election.
It mirrors a strategy similar to the one Paddy Power adopted in 2005 for the previous papal election, when it took to the streets of Rome.
However, it is thought that Paddy Power is likely to try to top its activity this year, with a spokesman saying "we will be throwing the kitchen sink at it."
The spokesman would not give further details of its plans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...