Global Radio merger with GMG Radio partially rejected in North and Wales
Global Radio's £70m deal to buy GMG Radio is set to be partially-rejected by the Competition Commission in its provisional findings on the merger later today.
Maria Miller: the culture secretary
It is understood that the CC partially rejected the deal in the areas where the two radio groups overlap, such as Wales and the North of England, but cleared the deal in London.
A spokesman for the CC declined to comment ahead of the announcement, which is expected this morning. The competition body will then continue to engage with stakeholders in the deal and is expected to publish its final findings in the coming months.
The deal was cleared on plurality grounds by culture secretary Maria Miller, as revealed by Media Week, but was referred to the CC on the grounds of competition.
Media Week broke the news of Global Radio's purchase of GMG Radio in June.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London