Tesco Mobile recruits O2 marketer Simon Groves for CMO role
Tesco Mobile has recruited Simon Groves, a marketer at its network carrier O2, to become its new chief marketing officer.
Tesco Mobile: new CMO joining from O2
Groves, currently head of brand, marketing and customer experience strategy at O2-owner Telefonica UK, will report to Tesco Mobile chief executive Roger Fogg. He will oversee the mobile virtual network operator’s customer-facing marketing and brand activities.
He has spent 12 years at O2, with responsibility for its brand and marketing, including defining its customer experience strategy and plans for the UK.
Groves becomes the latest high-profile departure from O2's marketing team. Last month, long-serving marketing and consumer director Sally Cowdry departed after 13 years with the business, to become the top marketer at National Lottery-operator Camelot UK Lotteries.
Groves said: "I look forward to working with Roger and the rest of the team to ensure that on its 10- year anniversary, Tesco Mobile remains a highly competitive network delivering great experiences for all our customers."
Among the previous head marketers at Tesco Mobile is Lance Batchelor, who left in 2011, and is now chief executive at Domino's Pizza.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London