TBWA scoops £21m Lidl creative account
Lidl has appointed TBWA\London to handle its £21 million UK advertising account, ahead of a brand campaign that it hopes will emulate the success of the rival discount retailer Aldi.
Lidl: plots brand campaign
The agency picked up the account after a competitive pitch that began in August last year and was managed by the retailer. Lidl’s creative work was previously handled by its in-house creative team.
Until now, Lidl has invested the majority of its adspend on tactical print work. The last TV ad was in 2009, which was created by Banana Split and focused on the freshness of the supermarket’s produce.
Lidl is now expected to create a campaign to convert those who use the retailer to "top up" their weekly shop with grocery essentials into regular customers.
The success of Aldi’s "like brands" campaign, by McCann Manchester, is believed to have prompted Lidl’s move to brand advertising.
Ronny Gottschlich, the managing director of Lidl UK, said: "[TBWA\London] understands our growth potential, where new customers lie and can deliver the messages that will take us there."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London