TBWA scoops £21m Lidl creative account
Lidl has appointed TBWA\London to handle its £21 million UK advertising account, ahead of a brand campaign that it hopes will emulate the success of the rival discount retailer Aldi.
Lidl: plots brand campaign
The agency picked up the account after a competitive pitch that began in August last year and was managed by the retailer. Lidl’s creative work was previously handled by its in-house creative team.
Until now, Lidl has invested the majority of its adspend on tactical print work. The last TV ad was in 2009, which was created by Banana Split and focused on the freshness of the supermarket’s produce.
Lidl is now expected to create a campaign to convert those who use the retailer to "top up" their weekly shop with grocery essentials into regular customers.
The success of Aldi’s "like brands" campaign, by McCann Manchester, is believed to have prompted Lidl’s move to brand advertising.
Ronny Gottschlich, the managing director of Lidl UK, said: "[TBWA\London] understands our growth potential, where new customers lie and can deliver the messages that will take us there."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Web Analyst / Optimisation Manager EMR £52000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London