Ketchum CEO David Gallagher named PR Lions president
Chief executive of Ketchum Europe David Gallagher has been chosen as jury president of the PR Lions at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
David Gallagher: Ketchum Europe chief executive heads PR Lions jury
He will oversee the jury for the PR category at the annual festival taking place between 16 and 22 June, which celebrates its 60th anniversary this year.
Gallagher said: 'This festival offers a rise-and-shine moment on a global stage for the PR community, and I’m honoured to take part in selecting the very best of our creative efforts from around the world.
'It’s not only an opportunity to represent Ketchum at the centre of what’s generally recognised as our industry’s most important creative gathering – it’s also a chance to work together with global practitioners from other agencies to examine and judge some of the boldest and brightest creative work that’s taken place around the world in the past year.'
As president he will be hoping to quell controversy in the PR category, which continued last year when it was dominated by advertising agencies, with the top prize bagged by creative agency JWT for the third year in a row.
The PR Lion was inaugurated in 2009, making Gallagher only the fifth person to serve in this role.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London