Mini launches tongue-in-cheek horsemeat ad
Mini has launched a tongue-in-cheek press ad referencing the horsemeat scandal, to promote its new roadster.
Mini: horsemeat scandal alluded to in ad for the John Cooper Works Roadster
The print ad is one of the first to be created by iris Worldwide, after it won Mini’s ad account in December last year from WCRS.
The ad features a picture of the beefed-up new Mini John Cooper Works Roadster, with a headline that reads, "Beef. With a lot of horses hidden in it."
Shaun Mcilrath, Iris Worldwide's executive creative director, wrote the ad, while Adam Robinson worked as the designer on it.
It references the car’s 211 horsepower and plays on its beefy appearance, while light-heartedly alluding to the horsemeat scandal that has hit Europe over the past month.
If you have a diary story, please email email@example.com
click here to enlarge
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)