Mini launches tongue-in-cheek horsemeat ad
Mini has launched a tongue-in-cheek press ad referencing the horsemeat scandal, to promote its new roadster.
Mini: horsemeat scandal alluded to in ad for the John Cooper Works Roadster
The print ad is one of the first to be created by iris Worldwide, after it won Mini’s ad account in December last year from WCRS.
The ad features a picture of the beefed-up new Mini John Cooper Works Roadster, with a headline that reads, "Beef. With a lot of horses hidden in it."
Shaun Mcilrath, Iris Worldwide's executive creative director, wrote the ad, while Adam Robinson worked as the designer on it.
It references the car’s 211 horsepower and plays on its beefy appearance, while light-heartedly alluding to the horsemeat scandal that has hit Europe over the past month.
If you have a diary story, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
click here to enlarge
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London