Mini launches tongue-in-cheek horsemeat ad
Mini has launched a tongue-in-cheek press ad referencing the horsemeat scandal, to promote its new roadster.
Mini: horsemeat scandal alluded to in ad for the John Cooper Works Roadster
The print ad is one of the first to be created by iris Worldwide, after it won Mini’s ad account in December last year from WCRS.
The ad features a picture of the beefed-up new Mini John Cooper Works Roadster, with a headline that reads, "Beef. With a lot of horses hidden in it."
Shaun Mcilrath, Iris Worldwide's executive creative director, wrote the ad, while Adam Robinson worked as the designer on it.
It references the car’s 211 horsepower and plays on its beefy appearance, while light-heartedly alluding to the horsemeat scandal that has hit Europe over the past month.
If you have a diary story, please email email@example.com
click here to enlarge
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Consumer Insight & Innovation Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000 + car, Camberley
- Account Director | Digital Nu Creative Talent £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, West London
- Head of Digital Brand Recruitment £55000 - £60000 per annum + car and bonus, Peterborough
- Senior Design Gemini Search £36000.00 per annum, City of London