Christian Aid Week to adopt 'celebratory' tone in new ads
Christian Aid, the international development charity, is to adopt a more 'celebratory' positioning to promote its flagship fundraising week this year.
Christian Aid: looking to strike a more upbeat tone
Following a competitive pitch, it has appointed Kream, the production arm of the Karma group, to create a TV campaign to air during Christian Aid Week 2013, which takes place from 12-18 May.
Christian Aid said the campaign would aim to 'celebrate successes on the ground in a positive light' by demonstrating how a 'simple well-thought-out intervention' makes a difference.
Last year's ad for the charity, the aim of which is to eradicate poverty, featured a mother and a child using a water pump and explained how this helped them to 'grow their way out of poverty'.
This year's activity will be overseen by Tom Barratt, head of marketing communications at Christian Aid, who was previously an account director at ad agency Grey London.
Last week, the charity launched a mobile 'Count your blessings' app for Lent, which is intended to 'help people pause and think about their lives'.
Users receive daily notifications and can donate to Christian Aid through the app.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...