Christian Aid Week to adopt 'celebratory' tone in new ads
Christian Aid, the international development charity, is to adopt a more 'celebratory' positioning to promote its flagship fundraising week this year.
Christian Aid: looking to strike a more upbeat tone
Following a competitive pitch, it has appointed Kream, the production arm of the Karma group, to create a TV campaign to air during Christian Aid Week 2013, which takes place from 12-18 May.
Christian Aid said the campaign would aim to 'celebrate successes on the ground in a positive light' by demonstrating how a 'simple well-thought-out intervention' makes a difference.
Last year's ad for the charity, the aim of which is to eradicate poverty, featured a mother and a child using a water pump and explained how this helped them to 'grow their way out of poverty'.
This year's activity will be overseen by Tom Barratt, head of marketing communications at Christian Aid, who was previously an account director at ad agency Grey London.
Last week, the charity launched a mobile 'Count your blessings' app for Lent, which is intended to 'help people pause and think about their lives'.
Users receive daily notifications and can donate to Christian Aid through the app.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)