Christian Aid Week to adopt 'celebratory' tone in new ads
Christian Aid, the international development charity, is to adopt a more 'celebratory' positioning to promote its flagship fundraising week this year.
Christian Aid: looking to strike a more upbeat tone
Following a competitive pitch, it has appointed Kream, the production arm of the Karma group, to create a TV campaign to air during Christian Aid Week 2013, which takes place from 12-18 May.
Christian Aid said the campaign would aim to 'celebrate successes on the ground in a positive light' by demonstrating how a 'simple well-thought-out intervention' makes a difference.
Last year's ad for the charity, the aim of which is to eradicate poverty, featured a mother and a child using a water pump and explained how this helped them to 'grow their way out of poverty'.
This year's activity will be overseen by Tom Barratt, head of marketing communications at Christian Aid, who was previously an account director at ad agency Grey London.
Last week, the charity launched a mobile 'Count your blessings' app for Lent, which is intended to 'help people pause and think about their lives'.
Users receive daily notifications and can donate to Christian Aid through the app.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London