Annuity provider Partnership Assurance calls in Citigate to lead float
A UK insurer thought to be plotting a £1bn listing later this year has appointed a City PR agency to support its corporate and financial comms.
Enhanced annuities: Benefit those with life-shortening illnesses
Partnership Assurance, owned by private equity group Cinven, has hired Citigate Dewe Rogerson as media speculation builds that the firm is planning a London float as early as this summer.
Citigate won the brief via a competitive pitch against a number of other City PR heavyweights, thought to include Finsbury and Brunswick.
The agency will focus on corporate positioning and profile-raising, as well as supporting the group’s financial reporting.
PRWeek understands that the capital markets ambitions of Partnership Assurance’s owners also form a central part of the brief.
Citigate will report to Jim Boyd, director of corporate affairs. It is understood that Michael Berkeley, executive director and head of the agency’s investor relations practice, will lead Citigate’s work on the account.
The firm provides ‘enhanced annuities’ – essentially insurance products for people whose life expectancy has been cut by illness.
The company has grown quickly since Cinven’s £160m buyout from fellow private equity firm Phoenix in 2008. The Sunday Times last year ranked the firm among the top 100 fastest growing private companies, noting that annual profits rose 210 per cent to £38m in 2012.
Citigate’s appointment is also understood to be in response to renewed regulatory interest in the sector after the FSA announced it is to conduct a wholesale review of annuities. The annuity market is estimated to be worth £11bn annually in the UK.
Cinven reportedly hired investment banks Morgan Stanley and Bank of America Merrill Lynch last June to lead the listing plans.
Partnership Assurance declined to comment on Citigate’s appointment.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...