VCCP wins £15m European ad account for Avis Budget Group
VCCP has won the £15m pan-European consolidated advertising account for the car rental firm Avis Budget Group following a pitch.
Avis Budget Group: appoints VCCP for European ad business
It won the account following a three-way pitch against DLKW Lowe and The Brooklyn Brothers – Joint had withdrawn earlier in the process. The review kicked off last October and was managed through Oystercatchers.
The Avis account moves from McCann Birmingham, while Budget has worked with Atomized Entertainment in the past. Leo Burnett handles Avis’ advertising in the US, which is not affected by the review.
Leo Burnett was responsible for dropping Avis’ renowned, "We try harder" tagline in the US, which had been synonymous with the brand for more than 50 years. It was replaced with, "It’s your space".
VCCP's appointment is not thought to affect Beta's relationship with the group as the pan-European lead digital agency for the Avis and Budget brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury