Unicef UK names Rebecca Walton as brand head
Unicef UK has appointed former Save the Children marketer Rebecca Walton as head of brand, following a wholesale restructure of its communications department.
Rebecca Walton: appointed head of brand at Unicef UK
In the newly created role, Walton will be charged with developing an "innovative and ambitious" brand strategy for the children's charity.
She will manage a new brand team and work across all of Unicef’s fundraising and advocacy departments, in an effort to "maximise the organisation's voice", according to the charity.
Walton, who spent seven years at Save the Children, has also worked for brand consultancy Wolff Olins, where she provided brand strategy advice to clients, including Amnesty International, Macmillan Cancer Support and Unilever.
Jane Cooper, director of communications and brand at Unicef, said Walton brought "an impressive breadth of skills and expertise" to the "important new role".
Established in 1956, Unicef UK is one of 36 Unicef national charitable organisations based in industrialised countries that work to raise money for the charity's global work for children, as well as working for the rights of children in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)