Unicef UK names Rebecca Walton as brand head
Unicef UK has appointed former Save the Children marketer Rebecca Walton as head of brand, following a wholesale restructure of its communications department.
Rebecca Walton: appointed head of brand at Unicef UK
In the newly created role, Walton will be charged with developing an "innovative and ambitious" brand strategy for the children's charity.
She will manage a new brand team and work across all of Unicef’s fundraising and advocacy departments, in an effort to "maximise the organisation's voice", according to the charity.
Walton, who spent seven years at Save the Children, has also worked for brand consultancy Wolff Olins, where she provided brand strategy advice to clients, including Amnesty International, Macmillan Cancer Support and Unilever.
Jane Cooper, director of communications and brand at Unicef, said Walton brought "an impressive breadth of skills and expertise" to the "important new role".
Established in 1956, Unicef UK is one of 36 Unicef national charitable organisations based in industrialised countries that work to raise money for the charity's global work for children, as well as working for the rights of children in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...