OMD again tops rankings in The Gunn Report For Media
OMD has topped The Gunn Report For Media for a seventh successive time.
Google: MG OMD’s ‘voice search’ for Google landed awards
The network accrued the most points from winning awards around the world during 2012 for campaigns including Manning Gottlieb OMD’s Google "voice search".
Mindshare was once again in second place, with UM the only network to break into the top five, replacing Ogilvy & Mather, which was in fifth place in the 2011 report.
The most-awarded advertiser of the year was Coca-Cola, while the media holding company with the most awards was WPP’s Group M.
|The most-awarded agency networks worldwide 2012|
|3||Starcom MediaVest Group||218|
|Source: The Gunn Report For Media 2012|
The US was the most-awarded country, with the UK in second place and India in third. Campaigns winning the most points included BBDO Proximity Berlin’s "Smart eBall" work for Daimler, OMD Denmark’s "coin hunting" activity for McDonald’s and the aforementioned Google work from Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Mindshare’s most-awarded work was the Pepsi/MyShelter Foundation "bottle lights" campaign from Mindshare Philippines and BBDO Guerrero.
The Gunn Report For Media methodology includes global and national awards shows from 37 markets. The report highlights greater use of digital and social media in the award-winning 2012 campaigns.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London