Cartoon Network to turn homepage upside down for Kobot toy figures
Cartoon Network is to turn its homepage upside down tomorrow as part of a promotion for the new Kobot toy figurines from the company behind the playground craze, 'Gogo's Crazy Bones'.
Cartoon Network: flips its homepage for Kobot promotion
To celebrate the new Kobot toy figures from Magic Box, the homepage of Cartoon Network will be upside down from tomorrow for four days, as part of a campaign devised by specialist youth media agency Generation Media.
The activity aims to promote the fact that Kobot figures have a reversible base, so children can play with them in two different ways.
When visitors go to the Cartoon Network site, they will be able to fire virtual Kobots through a circular target, or Kobotron, in order to restore the homepage to normal.
The activity will link to the Kobots Federation website and is complementing a wider TV and digital campaign targeting children on half term.
Ben Harper, UK and Ireland director at Magic Box, said: "The flipped homepage is a real eye-catching introduction to the Kobots Federation, but it also promotes a stand out feature of Kobots – that the base can be flipped upside down to change the game play."
Generation Media and Turner Media Innovations negotiated the homepage takeover.
Martin Doyle, head of digital at Generation Media, said: "We considered the USPs of Kobots and how these could be communicated in an online promotion. Cartoon Network is the perfect partner, offering an interactive and engaging mechanic."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Innovation Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + benefits, London
- Digital Marketing Officer AF Selection Up to £23,000, Coventry
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, South East