Cartoon Network to turn homepage upside down for Kobot toy figures
Cartoon Network is to turn its homepage upside down tomorrow as part of a promotion for the new Kobot toy figurines from the company behind the playground craze, 'Gogo's Crazy Bones'.
Cartoon Network: flips its homepage for Kobot promotion
To celebrate the new Kobot toy figures from Magic Box, the homepage of Cartoon Network will be upside down from tomorrow for four days, as part of a campaign devised by specialist youth media agency Generation Media.
The activity aims to promote the fact that Kobot figures have a reversible base, so children can play with them in two different ways.
When visitors go to the Cartoon Network site, they will be able to fire virtual Kobots through a circular target, or Kobotron, in order to restore the homepage to normal.
The activity will link to the Kobots Federation website and is complementing a wider TV and digital campaign targeting children on half term.
Ben Harper, UK and Ireland director at Magic Box, said: "The flipped homepage is a real eye-catching introduction to the Kobots Federation, but it also promotes a stand out feature of Kobots – that the base can be flipped upside down to change the game play."
Generation Media and Turner Media Innovations negotiated the homepage takeover.
Martin Doyle, head of digital at Generation Media, said: "We considered the USPs of Kobots and how these could be communicated in an online promotion. Cartoon Network is the perfect partner, offering an interactive and engaging mechanic."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Marketing Consultant - Award Winning ISP Zen Internet £25,000 to £30,000 + benefits, Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Senior Project Manager Zebra People £45000 - £55000 per annum, City of London