Agencies line up for apprenticeship brief
Advertising agencies have been approached with a brief to promote the Government's apprenticeships drive.
Apprenticeships: Semta brief
Semta, the skills council responsible for science, engineering and manufacturing technologies, has contacted agencies about a pitch for a brief to convince young people to embark on an apprenticeship at one of the 132,000 companies it represents.
Agency sources suggested that part of the brief relates to positioning apprenticeships as a viable alternative to higher education.
Recent government statistics suggest that new apprenticeships reached 520,600 in the 2011/12 academic year, a rise of 13.9 per cent year on year.
However, the Business Secretary, Vince Cable, stressed that "lack of trained workers" remains a concern for businesses.
The Government is keen to put vocational education on a par with academic learning and cited promoting careers in engineering as a priority.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)