Agencies line up for apprenticeship brief
Advertising agencies have been approached with a brief to promote the Government's apprenticeships drive.
Apprenticeships: Semta brief
Semta, the skills council responsible for science, engineering and manufacturing technologies, has contacted agencies about a pitch for a brief to convince young people to embark on an apprenticeship at one of the 132,000 companies it represents.
Agency sources suggested that part of the brief relates to positioning apprenticeships as a viable alternative to higher education.
Recent government statistics suggest that new apprenticeships reached 520,600 in the 2011/12 academic year, a rise of 13.9 per cent year on year.
However, the Business Secretary, Vince Cable, stressed that "lack of trained workers" remains a concern for businesses.
The Government is keen to put vocational education on a par with academic learning and cited promoting careers in engineering as a priority.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London