RAC promises to be 'the motorist's champion' in new ads
The RAC is promising to be the "motorist's champion" with a marketing strategy that will feature the breakdown specialist looking to recruit new customers with free-fuel incentives.
RAC: new strapline salutes motorists
The brand is rolling out a new strapline, "Motorists. We salute you.", alongside its recently-updated visual identity, created by branding agency venturethree.
Led by a 30-second TV ad, the new campaign offers new customers £100-worth of free fuel when they sign up for a new policy – £50 for signing up to RAC Rescue and £50 for taking out RAC car insurance.
The TV ad, by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, conveys the fuel-saving message by showing a man filling up his car with a surprised look on his face, as the petrol pump counts backwards from £100 to zero. The ad is set to the soundtrack of Barrett Strong's 1959 Motown hit, 'Money (That's what I want)'.
The campaign will run until 30 April and will include radio, online and direct mail activity.
John Orriss, RAC chief marketing officer, said: "As the motorist's champion, we wanted to create a campaign that offered a very real benefit to everyone who is feeling the pain of rising pump prices.
"The new strapline is the first manifestation of the RAC's promise to be the motorist's champion. As well as underpinning our brand promise, it is also a subtle acknowledgement to our rich heritage, which dates back more than 116 years, to times when our patrols used to salute members at the roadside."Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...