Twitter launches advertising API
Twitter last night launched its long-awaited advertising API and that means significant changes both for Twitter and its advertisers.
Twitter: launches ads API
For the first time, marketers can now easily create and manage ad campaigns and buy them through third parties.
Significantly, that allows a major increase in scale for Twitter's advertising business and its ability to generate revenues, which are expected to rise from $350m (£230m) last year, to around $1bn (£658m) by 2014.
Until now, ad campaigns on Twitter have been managed manually. This has meant that while changes weren't difficult to make it, could be time-consuming for someone running a global campaign.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London