Grayling beats three to British Library and Qatar project
The British Library has appointed Grayling to handle comms for a multimillion-pound link-up with the Qatar Foundation.
Qatar link-up: British Library
The agency has been appointed after winning a four-way pitch for the £8.7m project to digitise thousands of manuscripts detailing the history of the Gulf country.
Grayling is charged with devising a comprehensive international comms plan, which will include media relations, stakeholder eng-agement and social media activity.
During the two-year project, the British Library and the Qatar Foundation will aim to provide online access to up to 500,000 pages from the East India Company and the India Office archives.
Additionally, 25,000 pages of medieval Arabic manuscripts will also be put online and made freely available to the public for the first time.
The scheme, which launched last year, is understood to be part of wider eff-orts to digitise the library’s 150 million items.
Head of comms at the British Library Miki Lentin said that the focus would be on ‘helping bring to life the stories behind this archive’.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London