Premier Foods to cut 2013 Hovis marketing spend
Premier Foods is pulling marketing spend from Hovis and switching it to Sharwoods, Bistro and its other grocery products in 2013.
Hovis: Premier Foods cuts marketing spend
The move follows long-running speculation that Premier Foods is plotting to sell off Hovis, but the company today maintained it was not "looking to offload the brand."
Hovis has endured a tough 2012, with hundreds of jobs being axed after it announced the closure of two bakeries and four distribution hubs after losing a major contract with Co-op.
Premier Foods said marketing investment is expected to remain stable in 2013 but there will be "greater emphasis" on its grocery products such as Loyd Grossman cooking sauces, Mr Kipling cakes, Oxo stocks and Sharwood’s sauces.
Activity in 2012 included a tactical Hallowean campaign and support behind its new Hovis Breakfast Bakes amid a difficult year for branded bread, which has been impacted by own-label sales.
In January it was announced that Michael Clarke, Premier Foods' chief executive was stepping down after less than 18 months. He will be replaced by Gavin Darby, the former Coke marketing director and Cable & Wireless chief executive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Mid-Weight Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...