Premier Foods to cut 2013 Hovis marketing spend
Premier Foods is pulling marketing spend from Hovis and switching it to Sharwoods, Bistro and its other grocery products in 2013.
Hovis: Premier Foods cuts marketing spend
The move follows long-running speculation that Premier Foods is plotting to sell off Hovis, but the company today maintained it was not "looking to offload the brand."
Hovis has endured a tough 2012, with hundreds of jobs being axed after it announced the closure of two bakeries and four distribution hubs after losing a major contract with Co-op.
Premier Foods said marketing investment is expected to remain stable in 2013 but there will be "greater emphasis" on its grocery products such as Loyd Grossman cooking sauces, Mr Kipling cakes, Oxo stocks and Sharwood’s sauces.
Activity in 2012 included a tactical Hallowean campaign and support behind its new Hovis Breakfast Bakes amid a difficult year for branded bread, which has been impacted by own-label sales.
In January it was announced that Michael Clarke, Premier Foods' chief executive was stepping down after less than 18 months. He will be replaced by Gavin Darby, the former Coke marketing director and Cable & Wireless chief executive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London