Galaxy revives classic strapline in Audrey Hepburn ad spot
Galaxy is reviving its classic '"Why have cotton when you can have silk?'"strapline in an advertising campaign featuring Audrey Hepburn, as previously revealed in Marketing magazine.
Galaxy: chocolate brand revives previous strapline in latest ad
Marketing disclosed in January 2012 that Galaxy was to revive the strapline after a 13-year hiatus
Brand owner Mars initially employed the strapline in 1987, but dropped it in 2000. The new ad, which will debut on Sunday 24 February during 'Mr Selfridge' on ITV1, is made by AMV BBDO and uses CGI technology to showcase footage of the star seeking a place to enjoy her Galaxy chocolate.
The ad is set during the 1950s on Italy's Amalfi Coast and shows a young Hepburn sitting on a crowded bus, wondering when she will be able to indulge in her Galaxy chocolate bar.
A car pulls up alongside the bus and she catches the driver's eye. Hepburn seizes the opportunity to leave the bus to recline in the back seat of the open-top car, where she enjoys her Galaxy.
As they drive into the distance, the end frames remind viewers that with its silky, smooth taste, Galaxy is a pleasure worth taking.
The TV ad will be supported by press, sampling and digital activity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)