Audi rolls out first augmented-reality ads to promote R8 supercar
Audi is launching its first augmented-reality (AR) ad campaign in the UK, to promote its R8 V10 plus "supercar" model.
The Volkswagen-owned manufacturer is rolling out print and poster ads, by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which allow viewers to access a video of the R8 V10 plus at "full throttle", using the Blippar image-recognition app.
The campaign, called 'Evolution On The Outside, Revolution On The Inside', begins today with a teaser video that has been posted on Audi's Facebook page, showing glimpses of the R8 V10 plus model. Print and poster ads then roll out on Friday 1 March, pushing through to the full video.
Kristian Dean, national communications manager for Audi UK, said the use of AR provided "a whole new world of marketing potential", and was in keeping with the brand's UK positioning, "Vorsprung durch Technik".
Dean said: "The new Audi R8 V10 plus pushes boundaries in terms of performance and innovation, so naturally we wanted to communicate with our potential customers in a similarly ground-breaking manner."
Audi is currently recruiting a new UK marketing director, following the departure of Dominic Chambers last year. Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London