Cornwall Development Company engages Citigate
A body spearheading a campaign to bring international business to the South West of England has hired a financial PR firm to help drive inward investment.
Invest in Cornwall: working with Citigate
Cornwall Development Company (CDC) has called in Citigate Dew Rogerson to handle comms for a European and Cornwall Council funded project, Invest In Cornwall.
Citigate will be charged with attracting non-EU businesses into Cornwall and promoting it as an international business centre in key sectors.
The agency is thought to have secured a two-and-a-half-year contract, worth up to £170,000, following a competitive pitch process.
Citigate will develop a PR and social media programme, as well as running showcase initiatives targeted at challenging the perceptions of Cornwall.
The agency will particularly look to highlight the county’s growing presence in the international aerospace, renewables and technology sectors.
Cornwall is currently benefiting from a £445m EU ‘Convergence’ investment programme, which is helping to improve transport, workspace and infrastructure.
Since 2004, Cornwall's inward investment agencies have helped more than 130 businesses to invest in Cornwall, including Lockheed Martin UK, Check My File and Fugro Seacore.
Citigate will report to Lucy Hunt, manager of Invest In Cornwall for Cornwall Development Company.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire