On the Agenda: Women over 40 to be offered IVF
Women over the age of 40 are to be allowed IVF treatment through the NHS for the first time, as a result of updated guidelines.
In more detail
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) published its updated guidelines on fertility treatment last week, advising that women between the ages of 40 and 42 should be offered one round of IVF through the NHS if they have not previously received it. Previously, this was denied to women over the age of 39. In addition, women who have been unable to conceive naturally will qualify for IVF after two years, rather than three.
NICE wrote a comprehensive comms plan at the start of the guidelines’ development, which included strategies to contain any potential media speculation before publication of the updated guideline. An embargoed press conference was held two days before publication, with a release made available for the day of publication.
The story was covered by all the main broadcasters throughout the day, including the BBC, which also ran it as the lead health story on its website. More than 50 broadcast interviews were conducted by the institute’s spokespeople and the story was splashed in The Guardian. It was also covered by The Independent, The Times, Daily Mail, The Daily Telegraph, The Sun and Daily Mirror.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...