Audi hires BT marketer Nick Ratcliffe to top UK marketing post
Audi has appointed BT marketer Nick Ratcliffe as its UK head of marketing to replace Dominic Chambers, who left the company last year.
Audi: recruited new UK head of marketing
Ratcliffe, currently marketing director for BT Business, has prior experience of the automotive sector, having led the Mercedes-Benz brand in the UK for three years.
He has also previously held marketing roles at BMW, Citroen and Glaxo Pharmaceuticals.
Chambers, a former LG and Vodafone marketer, left the marque in December after 18 months in the post. He is not believed to have had a job to go to.
Ratcliffe joins Audi at a time when the brand, which is owned by Volkswagen, is riding high.
In January, it recorded the fourth-highest new car sales in the UK, sitting behind only Ford, Vauxhall and Volkswagen with a market share of 6.9%, according to SMMT figures.
Earlier this week, Audi kicked off its first augmented-reality ad campaign in the UK, to promote its R8 V10 Plus 'supercar' model.
Print and poster ads, created by BBH, are set to roll out on Friday (1 March). They will allow consumers to access a video of the car by using the Blippar image-recognition mobile app.
Audi declined to comment on Ratcliffe's appointment.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...