Audi hires BT marketer Nick Ratcliffe to top UK marketing post
Audi has appointed BT marketer Nick Ratcliffe as its UK head of marketing to replace Dominic Chambers, who left the company last year.
Audi: recruited new UK head of marketing
Ratcliffe, currently marketing director for BT Business, has prior experience of the automotive sector, having led the Mercedes-Benz brand in the UK for three years.
He has also previously held marketing roles at BMW, Citroen and Glaxo Pharmaceuticals.
Chambers, a former LG and Vodafone marketer, left the marque in December after 18 months in the post. He is not believed to have had a job to go to.
Ratcliffe joins Audi at a time when the brand, which is owned by Volkswagen, is riding high.
In January, it recorded the fourth-highest new car sales in the UK, sitting behind only Ford, Vauxhall and Volkswagen with a market share of 6.9%, according to SMMT figures.
Earlier this week, Audi kicked off its first augmented-reality ad campaign in the UK, to promote its R8 V10 Plus 'supercar' model.
Print and poster ads, created by BBH, are set to roll out on Friday (1 March). They will allow consumers to access a video of the car by using the Blippar image-recognition mobile app.
Audi declined to comment on Ratcliffe's appointment.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...