Santander set to unite Ennis, McIlroy and Button in major campaign
Santander is to bring together its three sporting brand ambassadors - Jessica Ennis, Rory McIlroy and Jenson Button - in a major ad campaign planned for the spring.
Santander: sponsors Jenson Button, Rory McIlroy and Jessica Ennis
Olympic heptathlon gold medallist Ennis became the latest sports star to sign up to represent Santander last week. She is its first female ambassador, joining world number one golfer McIlroy and Formula One driver Button.
The Spanish bank has launched an above-the-line campaign featuring the trio to promote its 1-2-3 current account and credit-card product, which offers customers cashback on everyday spending. The campaign is being devised by agencies Havas Worldwide London and Engine Group.
Ennis was signed by the brand to replace long-time ambassador Lewis Hamilton, who left F1 team McLaren Mercedes, which Santander sponsors, to join rival team Mercedes F1.
Hamilton first appeared in an ad for Abbey, prior to its rebrand to Santander, in 2007. Button has been used by the bank in its marketing material since 2010.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London