Santander set to unite Ennis, McIlroy and Button in major campaign
Santander is to bring together its three sporting brand ambassadors - Jessica Ennis, Rory McIlroy and Jenson Button - in a major ad campaign planned for the spring.
Santander: sponsors Jenson Button, Rory McIlroy and Jessica Ennis
Olympic heptathlon gold medallist Ennis became the latest sports star to sign up to represent Santander last week. She is its first female ambassador, joining world number one golfer McIlroy and Formula One driver Button.
The Spanish bank has launched an above-the-line campaign featuring the trio to promote its 1-2-3 current account and credit-card product, which offers customers cashback on everyday spending. The campaign is being devised by agencies Havas Worldwide London and Engine Group.
Ennis was signed by the brand to replace long-time ambassador Lewis Hamilton, who left F1 team McLaren Mercedes, which Santander sponsors, to join rival team Mercedes F1.
Hamilton first appeared in an ad for Abbey, prior to its rebrand to Santander, in 2007. Button has been used by the bank in its marketing material since 2010.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)