Albion wins £5m V Energy Drinks account
Albion has picked up the pan-European advertising account for the Frucor Beverages-owned brand V Energy Drinks following a competitive pitch.
V Energy Drinks: appoints Albion to its pan-European ad account
The agency has been hired to develop an integrated strategy to run across the UK, the Netherlands and Sweden, which is expected to roll out this summer. It is thought that the campaign will be backed by a £5m media spend.
Frucor Beverages kicked off the review in January ahead of the renewed assault on the European market, in a bid to challenge Red Bull and emulate V Energy’s success in Australia and New Zealand, where it is the most popular drink in the energy drinks sector.
V Energy launched in the UK in 2000 under its previous owner Danone, and with advertising handled by Quiet Storm. In 2003, it sponsored the second series of ITV’s ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!’
It was subsequently withdrawn from the UK however, before Danone sold the Frucor Beverages division to the Japanese drinks giant Suntory.
Jason Goodman, the chief executive of Albion, said: "V is a brilliant example of an exciting challenger brand that are willing to make waves in this sector. We’re really looking forward to starting work with this forward-thinking team."
Scott Johnson, the general manager of Frucor Brands International, said: "Albion absolutely got our challenger mentality and culturally we are a great fit. The Albion team really understand what we are trying to achieve and how to create it with maximum impact."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London