Video: 'PR can play a role' in saving the high street
PR could be used as a force to help Britain's ailing high streets, says Caireen Wackett, managing director of Portas Agency.
Tying in with our 'Can PR save the high street?' feature, we met up with the specialist retail PR agency, which has worked for Clarks, Thomas Pink and Westfield London. Its founder Mary Portas is currently working on the goverment-backed Portas Pilot project aimed at rejuvenating 27 town centres around the UK.
Wackett tells PRWeek's video reporter Sarah Johnson: 'The high-street is really suffering from a lack of clear strategic direction and vision.
'There’s not one single person that’s really leading the charge and trying to unify everyone and I think PR can play a role in finding a common purpose.'
For all the latest news and analysis about the issues currently facing high-street brands visit PR Week’s high-street news update.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...