Video: 'PR can play a role' in saving the high street
PR could be used as a force to help Britain's ailing high streets, says Caireen Wackett, managing director of Portas Agency.
Tying in with our 'Can PR save the high street?' feature, we met up with the specialist retail PR agency, which has worked for Clarks, Thomas Pink and Westfield London. Its founder Mary Portas is currently working on the goverment-backed Portas Pilot project aimed at rejuvenating 27 town centres around the UK.
Wackett tells PRWeek's video reporter Sarah Johnson: 'The high-street is really suffering from a lack of clear strategic direction and vision.
'There’s not one single person that’s really leading the charge and trying to unify everyone and I think PR can play a role in finding a common purpose.'
For all the latest news and analysis about the issues currently facing high-street brands visit PR Week’s high-street news update.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London