PPA Cover of the Century: take a look at the top 10
The Professional Publishers Association (PPA) has launched a search for the best magazine cover of the last 100 years. Which is your favourite from the top 10?
As part of the celebrations for the PPA’s centenary a panel of experts has chosen the 10 best magazine covers of the last 100 years and the public can now vote on the one they would like to win.
You can vote for your favourite of the following covers once a day at the PPA website:
- Woman’s Weekly, July 1916, Wartime Women
- Harper’s Bazaar, November 1941, Fashion Blitz
- Cosmopolitan, March 1972, Launch Issue
- Time Out, November 1974, Churchill V-Sign
- New Scientist, April 1987, Chernobyl
- The Beano, February 1999, Dennis The Menace
- Vogue, December 2001, A Royal Salute
- Radio Times, April 2005, Vote Dalek!
- Empire, June 2005, Breathing Vader
- MacUser, February 2012, How Evil is Apple?
The PPA will name the cover with the most votes Cover of the Century on 21 November 2013, the day the PPA was created in 1913.
Barry McIlheney, the chief executive of the PPA, said: "Our centenary year provides us with a unique opportunity for the industry to celebrate not only the association but, more importantly, its members and the entire magazine publishing industry.
"The Cover of the Century is just one of the many activities the PPA will be carrying out in 2013 to mark this historic occasion.
"We are looking forward to the next 100 years, and how the unique power of magazine brands will help shape the evolving media landscape at what is the most exciting time in our rich and vibrant history."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...