Transport for London unveils Penguin series to mark 150th anniversary
Transport for London is entering the next phase of its anniversary celebrations marking 150 years of the Underground, with the release of a 12-strong series of branded Penguin paperbacks that look at the social and cultural impact of the Tube.
Transport for London: launches paperback series
Next week TfL and Penguin will unveil the books, which have been themed around individual Tube lines, supported by promotional activity.
The authors include John O'Farrell, the Labour parliamentary candidate for Eastleigh and comedy writer who has penned a short story about capitalism and the Jubilee line, cultural commentator Peter York, and Kids Company founder Camila Batmanghelidjh.
The Underground turned 150 on 9 January and the anniversary is being marked by TfL with a year-long programme of events. It kicked off with a poster and digital poster campaign via its assets including Tube stations and trains, and has also encompassed PR, such as recreating the first Tube journey.
Sponsors such as Virgin Media and CBS are helping to fund the marketing push and TfL has established a commercial partnership group to handle interest from brands wanting to be involved.
While the drive aims to celebrate the landmark anniversary, it also forms part of an attempt by TfL to communicate the need for continuous improvement to the network.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...