Former BSkyB and FA comms chief Julian Eccles to join Millicom
Luxembourg-based mobile telecoms firm Millicom has hired Julian Eccles to lead its comms function.
Julian Eccles: Joining Millicom
Eccles will join the firm, which provides mobile services across Latin America and Africa, as VP, corporate comms in March.
Eccles most recently served as director of marketing and comms at The Football Association – working at The FA for less than a year before resigning in May 2011.
Before the FA role, Eccles built considerable experience in media and telecoms as director of comms and corporate affairs at BSkyB for over five years and subsequently as comms director at UK telecoms regulator Ofcom.
He has also worked as a special adviser in the department for culture, media and sport.
Eccles will head Millicom’s public and media relations and internal communications, reporting to group president and CEO, Hans-Holger Albrecht.
The Stockholm-listed firm employs more than 8,000 people and provides mobile services, access to the internet, content and financial services to over 45 million customers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London