Former BSkyB and FA comms chief Julian Eccles to join Millicom
Luxembourg-based mobile telecoms firm Millicom has hired Julian Eccles to lead its comms function.
Julian Eccles: Joining Millicom
Eccles will join the firm, which provides mobile services across Latin America and Africa, as VP, corporate comms in March.
Eccles most recently served as director of marketing and comms at The Football Association – working at The FA for less than a year before resigning in May 2011.
Before the FA role, Eccles built considerable experience in media and telecoms as director of comms and corporate affairs at BSkyB for over five years and subsequently as comms director at UK telecoms regulator Ofcom.
He has also worked as a special adviser in the department for culture, media and sport.
Eccles will head Millicom’s public and media relations and internal communications, reporting to group president and CEO, Hans-Holger Albrecht.
The Stockholm-listed firm employs more than 8,000 people and provides mobile services, access to the internet, content and financial services to over 45 million customers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London