Former BSkyB and FA comms chief Julian Eccles to join Millicom
Luxembourg-based mobile telecoms firm Millicom has hired Julian Eccles to lead its comms function.
Julian Eccles: Joining Millicom
Eccles will join the firm, which provides mobile services across Latin America and Africa, as VP, corporate comms in March.
Eccles most recently served as director of marketing and comms at The Football Association – working at The FA for less than a year before resigning in May 2011.
Before the FA role, Eccles built considerable experience in media and telecoms as director of comms and corporate affairs at BSkyB for over five years and subsequently as comms director at UK telecoms regulator Ofcom.
He has also worked as a special adviser in the department for culture, media and sport.
Eccles will head Millicom’s public and media relations and internal communications, reporting to group president and CEO, Hans-Holger Albrecht.
The Stockholm-listed firm employs more than 8,000 people and provides mobile services, access to the internet, content and financial services to over 45 million customers.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London