Trinity Mirror shifts £5m media into Aegis shops
Trinity Mirror has confirmed the centralisation of its £5 million media planning and buying business into Aegis UK agencies. Executives at Trinity Mirror deny that the move is connected to Aegis clients shifting advertising spend into the publisher's papers.
Mirror: to be led out of Carat
The bulk of the group’s national and regional brands, handled by the Havas-owned Arena Media since 2009, will be led out of Carat Manchester from May 2013. Carat also has offices in Newcastle, Leeds, Edinburgh and London.
Trinity Mirror’s Media Scotland account, which includes the Daily Record and Sunday Mail, is remaining with Aegis’ Edinburgh-based MediaVision. The agency has worked with the brands for 12 years.
Mark Hollinshead, the chief operating officer at Trinity Mirror, said: "Aegis is best-positioned to reach our geographic network of newspaper brands. Its network of agencies and digital know-how best matches the structure of our organisation."
Hollinshead said the move was "categorically not" in relation to Aegis media agencies moving around £8 million from News International newspapers to Trinity Mirror titles over the past year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)