Tesco goes live with food news website to allay horsemeat fears
Tesco has today gone live with its food news website, as it seeks to shed light on its food supply chain in light of the horsemeat scandal.
Philip Clarke: Tesco chief appears on supermarket's food news website
The retailer has moved to take a proactive response to the scandal, led by its chief executive Philip Clarke, who has appeared on a video blog, describing measures the supermarket chain has taken in response to horsemeat being found in some of its own-brand products.
Tesco Food News is one such measure, a Tesco-branded website that looks to demystify the food supply chain and includes a number of lofty pledges, such as "We'll put in place better controls" and "We'll bring food closer to home."
It also gives details of the testing of its food provenance and how many products have been tested positive for horsemeat.
The site includes the video interview with Clarke, which is fronted with the headline, "We are changing" and is to be updated with news on an ongoing basis.
The website was created by digital agency Zone.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London