Tesco goes live with food news website to allay horsemeat fears
Tesco has today gone live with its food news website, as it seeks to shed light on its food supply chain in light of the horsemeat scandal.
Philip Clarke: Tesco chief appears on supermarket's food news website
The retailer has moved to take a proactive response to the scandal, led by its chief executive Philip Clarke, who has appeared on a video blog, describing measures the supermarket chain has taken in response to horsemeat being found in some of its own-brand products.
Tesco Food News is one such measure, a Tesco-branded website that looks to demystify the food supply chain and includes a number of lofty pledges, such as "We'll put in place better controls" and "We'll bring food closer to home."
It also gives details of the testing of its food provenance and how many products have been tested positive for horsemeat.
The site includes the video interview with Clarke, which is fronted with the headline, "We are changing" and is to be updated with news on an ongoing basis.
The website was created by digital agency Zone.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...