Tesco goes live with food news website to allay horsemeat fears
Tesco has today gone live with its food news website, as it seeks to shed light on its food supply chain in light of the horsemeat scandal.
Philip Clarke: Tesco chief appears on supermarket's food news website
The retailer has moved to take a proactive response to the scandal, led by its chief executive Philip Clarke, who has appeared on a video blog, describing measures the supermarket chain has taken in response to horsemeat being found in some of its own-brand products.
Tesco Food News is one such measure, a Tesco-branded website that looks to demystify the food supply chain and includes a number of lofty pledges, such as "We'll put in place better controls" and "We'll bring food closer to home."
It also gives details of the testing of its food provenance and how many products have been tested positive for horsemeat.
The site includes the video interview with Clarke, which is fronted with the headline, "We are changing" and is to be updated with news on an ongoing basis.
The website was created by digital agency Zone.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)