Tesco goes live with food news website to allay horsemeat fears
Tesco has today gone live with its food news website, as it seeks to shed light on its food supply chain in light of the horsemeat scandal.
Philip Clarke: Tesco chief appears on supermarket's food news website
The retailer has moved to take a proactive response to the scandal, led by its chief executive Philip Clarke, who has appeared on a video blog, describing measures the supermarket chain has taken in response to horsemeat being found in some of its own-brand products.
Tesco Food News is one such measure, a Tesco-branded website that looks to demystify the food supply chain and includes a number of lofty pledges, such as "We'll put in place better controls" and "We'll bring food closer to home."
It also gives details of the testing of its food provenance and how many products have been tested positive for horsemeat.
The site includes the video interview with Clarke, which is fronted with the headline, "We are changing" and is to be updated with news on an ongoing basis.
The website was created by digital agency Zone.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £32000 per annum, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...