Brothers Cider unveils premium packaging
Brothers Cider has revamped the packaging across its range and is rolling out a £5m marketing campaign to promote it as a premium brand.
Brothers: unveils its premium packaging
The move comes as the brand celebrates its fifth year on sale in the on-and-off trade sectors – previously it was only available at the Glastonbury festival.
The new look uses a mixture of classic and modern typefaces alongside new illustrations, and elements of an early design drawn up by the wife of one of the company's eponymous brothers.
It will make its debut on the 500ml bottle range of Strawberry, Wild Fruit (previously Tutti Frutti) and Toffee Apple-flavoured ciders, together with the signature 7% ABV Festival Pear Cider. Over the coming months, the new design will roll out across the full range of bottles and cans.
The relaunched packaging will be backed by a £5m UK-wide marketing push across outdoor and digital advertising, as well as sampling with the aim of reaching 20 million consumers.
Matthew Showering, one of the four brothers who founded the Somerset company, said that while the company had been a success, "keeping the brand as a genuine and effective choice amongst the now rather crowded cider and fruit-flavoured fixture requires constant innovation.
"This next stage of our journey reflects the changing needs in the British cider market. We know more people than ever are drinking cider and we recognise the early adopters of Brothers who discovered our cider at Glastonbury have grown older and wiser."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire