Harvard PR lands data centre account
Data City Exchange (DCE) has drafted in Harvard PR to support its UK data centre expansion programme.
Data City Exchange
The company was not working with a comms agency before appointing Harvard, which is part of the Good Relations Group.
DCE will open a flagship £60m data centre in Birmingham next month. It plans to add more in Belfast, Newcastle and the Wirral, with regional hubs planned in cities such as Bristol, Glasgow, Milton Keynes, Derby and Hull.
Harvard PR won the account following a competitive three-way pitch. It will deliver a full-service PR programme targeting the core tech press as well as the national media.
The agency will report directly to DCE chief executive John Eland, who said: ‘We were looking for a partner that not only had the right technology credentials, but also the strategic capabilities to work with us on putting in place the right comms strategy at this crucial point in the company’s development.’
Harvard’s managing director, Louie St Claire, said the agency would provide?‘a targeted, issues-led PR programme that grows with the company’.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead Online Communications Officer Adam Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Wilmslow
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...