Disney Channel and Disney Junior UK to start running spot ads
Disney UK & Ireland is going to start selling spot advertising on the Disney Channel and Disney Junior UK for the first time in July.
Disneymedia+, Disney’s integrated advertising, promotions and marketing solutions arm led by Bobi Carley, will now sell spot ad campaigns across Disney Channel and Disney Junior UK as well as Disney XD, which has carried ads since 2009.
The existing 20-strong Disneymedia+ UK sales team will sell the spot ads alongside marketing solutions, such as the tie up between the new 'Wreck-it Ralph' film and the Samsung Galaxy Note II smartphone.
The ads will start from 1 July 2013 and Disney will continue to monitor all commercial messages to ensure ads are appropriate for the age of children watching each channel and conform to regulatory guidelines.
Disneymedia+ was set up in April 2011 to offer brands a central sales point with which to do commercial deals, including partnerships with Disney assets such as characters, films and DVD releases.
For example VisitScotland partnered with The Walt Disney Company EMEA and its film 'Brave' to launch a global marketing campaign featuring Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson and Robbie Coltrane.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...