PUBLIC SECT0R: Over-the-counter drugs trade body steps up comms
Plans to make more drugs available to consumers have prompted the
over-the-counter industry's trade body to revamp its PR.
The Government wants to increase the number of OTC drugs available, with
the morning-after pill being this year's most controversial switch from
prescription-only. Industry speculation is that Viagra could be switched
The Proprietary Association of Great Britain, with a membership
including GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer, has now boosted the role of its PR
chief to better handle the change.
It is now on the hunt for a director of comms and commercial affairs,
replacing the director of comms role.
PAGB media and publications manager Fraser Woodward said: 'This reflects
the greater need to communicate with our members. Some of these
products, such as Viagra could be quite controversial '
The PAGB's director of comms Barbara Atkinson died three months ago
after losing her battle with cancer.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PR Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Lowestoft
- Creative Recruitment Consultant (Freelance Specialist) Â– Blue Skies Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Commision Scheme & Benefits , Richmond upon Thames
- Head of Marketing - Education Network Career Consultants £70000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Head of Communications, Branding and External Affairs Mission Aviation Fellowship UK 50,000 with pension of 10% salary on joining, Folkestone