WPP confirms merger of OgilvyAction and G2
WPP has confirmed it is going to merge OgilvyAction, its shopper-marketing agency, with its digital agency G2, as reported in Campaign last week.
Sir Martin Sorrell: chief executive of WPP
WPP said in a statement the OgilvyAction and G2 networks would combine to form a joint venture it claims will be the "largest and most geographically complete activation agency in the world".
The integration of people and resources has already begun, but the merged entity will formally launch in May.
Geographically, the two agencies are complementary, and WPP hopes that by combining the two, it will be able to drive their specialist services more strongly in emerging markets.
Last week, an Ogilvy spokeswoman denied discussions about a merger were taking place between G2 and Ogilvy Group.
In a statement, the Ogilvy spokeswoman added: "There are, however, ongoing discussions between G2, Ogilvy and other WPP companies about collaborating in a number of strategic areas."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London