Coke to air UK anti-obesity ads
Coke is running two new TV ad campaigns in the UK that highlight the brand's efforts to combat obesity.
The activity mirrors the campaign Coca-Cola ran in the US.
Coke is airing a two-minute ad campaign this evening called "coming together", which highlights its low-calorie drinks, as well as its flagship Coca-Cola. The ad explains that Coca-Cola's 145-strong portfolio contains 82 "low-calorie or no calorie" drinks. The facts are interspersed with children carrying out sporting activities.
The second ad, called "be OK" showcases Coke Zero and details of the number of calories in a can of Coca-Cola. The work will run for a month.
The two ads, which will be broadcast across Europe, will be bolstered by press activity.
Coke’s other commitments to help combat global obesity include the launch of a new Sprite brand extension, which contain less than 30%.
The activity forms part of a global advertising campaign aimed at exploring the importance of "energy balance" to manage weight.
James Quincey, president Europe, Coke, said: "Obesity is a serious problem and I am determined we will take more actions in Europe to help address it. The actions announced today build on our earlier efforts and are part of a long-term commitment."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)