Coke to air UK anti-obesity ads
Coke is running two new TV ad campaigns in the UK that highlight the brand's efforts to combat obesity.
The activity mirrors the campaign Coca-Cola ran in the US.
Coke is airing a two-minute ad campaign this evening called "coming together", which highlights its low-calorie drinks, as well as its flagship Coca-Cola. The ad explains that Coca-Cola's 145-strong portfolio contains 82 "low-calorie or no calorie" drinks. The facts are interspersed with children carrying out sporting activities.
The second ad, called "be OK" showcases Coke Zero and details of the number of calories in a can of Coca-Cola. The work will run for a month.
The two ads, which will be broadcast across Europe, will be bolstered by press activity.
Coke’s other commitments to help combat global obesity include the launch of a new Sprite brand extension, which contain less than 30%.
The activity forms part of a global advertising campaign aimed at exploring the importance of "energy balance" to manage weight.
James Quincey, president Europe, Coke, said: "Obesity is a serious problem and I am determined we will take more actions in Europe to help address it. The actions announced today build on our earlier efforts and are part of a long-term commitment."Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Brand Consultant - Innovation and Marketing Capability Rare Selection Up to £55K + 20% bonus, Bucks