WPP, Omnicom and Publicis emerge as results winners
WPP, Omnicom and Publicis Groupe have emerged as the strongest-performing advertising holding groups following the recent round of results.
Lévy: double-digit growth
Publicis Groupe reported the biggest increase in pre-tax profits in 2012, up 18.7 per cent to €1.02 billion (£881.4 million), as analysts predicted that those investing in digital and emerging markets would perform strongly in 2013.
WPP and Omnicom posted strong single-figure increases. WPP’s pre-tax profits were £1.092 billion, a rise of 8.3 per cent year on year, while Omnicom’s were up 7.1 per cent to $1.66 billion (£1.101 billion).
Interpublic Group, which was negatively affected by losing accounts such as SC Johnson in 2011, reported pre-tax profits of $674.8 million (£447.8 million), a decrease of 8.6 per cent.
|Advertising holding companies 2012|
|Rank||Holding company||Revenue £bn (% growth year on year)||Pre-tax profits £m (% growth year on year)|
|1||WPP||10.373 (+3.5)||1,092.0 (+8.3)|
|2||Omnicom||9.435 (+2.5)||1,101.0 (+7.1)|
|3||Publicis Groupe||5.786 (+13.7)||881.4 (+18.7)|
|4||Interpublic Group||4.615 (-0.8)||447.8 (-8.6)|
Paul Richards, the director of equity research, media, at Numis Securities, said: "WPP, Omnicom and Publicis are all performing to a good level. Going forward, we expect relatively strong performances in emerging markets and digital.
"Since they are all at a certain size, they all move in a similar way. If a group is exposed in Europe or lost accounts such as SC Johnson, then that will affect its performance, but the groups that invest in digital and growing regions will do well."
Maurice Lévy’s Publicis Groupe also increased its revenues by the greatest margin, up 13.7 per cent year on year to €6.610 billion (£5.786 billion). On an organic basis, both Publicis Groupe and WPP increased revenues by 2.9 per cent year on year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...