IPG hires Y&R's Carter Murray to lead Draftfcb Worldwide
Interpublic has appointed Carter Murray, the president and chief executive of Y&R North America, to the role of chief executive of Draftfcb Worldwide, replacing Laurence Boschetto.
Carter Murray: appointed chief executive of Draftfcb Worldwide
Murray will be based in New York and lead the 9,000-strong agency with a brief to raise the quality of creative work, develop client relationships and bring in new global accounts.
He was most recently president and chief executive of Y&R North America and chief executive of Y&R New York. His previous roles include chief marketing officer and worldwide account director for Nestlé.
After beginning his career at Leo Burnett in Chicago, Murray spent time at the Publicis Groupe-owned network’s German and British offices.
Michael Roth, chairman and chief executive of IPG, said Murray "understands consumer advertising and brands" and his combination of "skills and experience" was what the agency needed to evolve its integrated model and drive growth.
Roth said Murray had demonstrated his ability to motivate teams, raise creative quality, nurture client relationships and win global business.
Boschetto will stay at the agency during the transition and will then become a consultant senior adviser to IPG.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...